Thursday 21 November 2013

Thursday blog creative life happens and painting by numbers.

Well here again folks, yes after my brother was born I was not the center of attention and why would I be, my parents must have realised that art was in my DNA and bought me painting by numbers, spirograph, various colouring books and an etcha a sketch, along with the normal girl toys, I loved my Barbie with the wind up hair, she married Ken and they had a baby, also loved playing with my brothers cars and making traffic jams, I was not an evil child but remember I got hold of my mothers stiletto heel shoe and hit my brother on the head with the end of the heal, I had made an actual dent, fortunately no harm was done, we had another brother by the time I was 6 so I was outnumbered and my dolls paid with their heads, by this time I was aware of some of my parents social circle, Uncle Basil who was a friend of my fathers, he worked for Sadler's Wells and was always encourage me to take ballet lessons, there were a lot of very theatrical people coming and going in our household.
My grandmother (fathers mother) had a very big influence on my life, I loved her to bits and I was her favorite because I was the girl she had always wanted, she would spoil me and buy me outfits that my mother could not afford, she used to take me to Betty's Cafe in Bradford and also Busby's (a department store), Betty's had a rotating cake display in the window, I always had toasted teacakes with butter, the same in Busby's, I loved these outings with my Gran, a photo of my grandmother and grandfather in Saltaire.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely :-) brothers can be such a pain growing up...... my barbies were made to hang by their hands from the springs on my bunk bed on the rare occasion my brother was allowed in my bedroom! At least I now realise I wasnt the only one who had to tolerate annoying brothers. Love them to bits now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is how siblings can be, love mine too some more funny bits to come.x

    ReplyDelete