Thursday 28 November 2013

Thursday blog and graveyard kindness.

Most people have a best friend and mine was Alison she lived a street away George St, we met when we were 5 and we are still friends today, it was not always plain sailing though.
We must have been around 8 years old Alison had an aunt who knitted her dolls and teddies clothes and I was jealous of them, so one day I stole her teddies coat with the penguin buttons Alison knew and made me give it back and to compensate her I had to give her my Enid Blyton book along with a shoe cleaning kit that someone had given me, goodness knows why I had that, and we still laugh about how she made me pay, thing is I can't stand people stealing and would never do it myself, so a good lesson was taught, another thing we used to delight in, was going to the local graveyard, we would read the gravestones especially those of children and if there were no flowers we would steal a few off the other graves (I did say I would never steal but this was different) and place them on the ones without, we loved the graveyard.
There are many stories but this one is by far the best, Alison took care of her toys and possessions at the time she was an only child as I had brothers so I did not, so one Easter she had a chocolate rabbit the kind with a coloured foil wrapping and it sat on her dressing table, Easter came and went I had eaten mine and destroyed the foil long ago Alisons rabbit sat on her dressing table for weeks I kept asking her when she was going to eat it, and she just kept saying soon, it got the the point where the foil was peeling off and it really annoyed me, in the end Alisons mum was also sick of seeing it and put it in the dustbin much to Alisons dismay.

No comments:

Post a Comment